Community

“Fashion has the power to create change. Sustainability is not just a trend, it’s a necessity for a better future.” Livia Firth celebrated in Los Angeles on March 9th the Green Carpet Fashion Awards at the NeueHouse, an event she created in 2017 …

Thanks to a COMITES SF-organized event, Italians and Italian-Americans in San Francisco will be able to commemorate the end of World War II and Italy’s liberation from the Nazis on Tuesday, April 25.  Il Giorno della Liberazione was the peak …

On March 1st, Raffaella Valentini became the new Consul General of Italy in Los Angeles. Born in Rome in 1975, Valentini had her first work experience at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2003 when she oversaw projects promoted by Italy …

Italian Community Services (ICS) is a resource for Italian and Italian-American people and families in the Bay Area who are looking for support to live healthy, independent, and productive lives. ICS has been around for over 100 years, evolving over time …

There are few things more enjoyable, or more American, than watching a baseball game on a summer evening. Seattle’s love affair with baseball goes back to the late 1800s. When the Pacific Coast League began in 1903, its members included the …

“When I was offered the part, I said yes in less than 24 hours,” well-known actress Patricia Clarkson tells with enthusiasm about the day her agent called her about the possibility to star in the upcoming movie Monica by director Andrea Pallaoro. Clarkson, …

Opera is, in the minds and hearts of many, a synonym with Italy: it was, in the end, created in the Belpaese, and here it developed the most. It shouldn’t surprise us, then, that operatic music has been an important …

By Staff

“I’ve always been a shy person, but theater helped me open up because it made me feel like I belonged. It became my home and my life.”  Italian actress and comedian Paola Minaccioni took a piece of herself and her life on …

Located in every quadrant of the city, Seattle’s P-Patch community gardens are not only part of a beloved citywide program but also one of the oldest community gardening programs in the country. This year the P-Patch program celebrates its 50th anniversary. Launched …

Spring is finally here, and not only per the official calendar but also, and mostly, thanks to warm temperatures and sunny days across the Bay Area and California. With it, there are many events, exhibitions, and special moments: from arts and …

Word of the Day
Food
Marketplace
In Italian
All Around Italy