Community

“When I started conducting, someone told me I was too old. This recognition for me is a great revenge.” Nominated for the 2023 edition of the Grammy Awards, Enrico Fagone knows he reached an important milestone, not only because the …

“In the end, this play is about personal, cultural, and generational change. More specifically, it is about the courage to change.”  Italian-Canadian actress, playwright, producer, and voice-over artist Dina Morrone is thrilled to present the new play she has written and produced, …

One of America’s most beloved authors on the pleasures of food, wine, and community is Angelo Pellegrini, an Italian immigrant whose wisdom and impact as a cook, gardener, author, winemaker, and mentor are legendary.  Born into a humble sharecropper’s family in …

Promoting networking and cultural, scientific, academic, and technological cooperation between the US scientific community and public and private organizations in Italy. This is the goal of ISSNAF (Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation), a nonprofit organization that connects …

San Francisco Opera celebrates its first century after its foundation in 1923 and welcomes everyone to join its staff and creative artists for many events already underway. San Francisco Opera’s centennial commemorates the glorious past as well as its Italian origins …

“Fashion has the power to create change. Sustainability is not just a trend, it’s a necessity for a better future.” Livia Firth celebrated in Los Angeles on March 9th the Green Carpet Fashion Awards at the NeueHouse, an event she created in 2017 …

For Northwest residents who are fans of glass art and followers of the incredible artistry of Lino Tagliapietra, good news!  On March 4, the Museum of Glass announced it will create a new permanent gallery dedicated to the art and legacy of glass …

Italian Community Services (ICS) is a resource for Italian and Italian-American people and families in the Bay Area who are looking for support to live healthy, independent, and productive lives. ICS has been around for over 100 years, evolving over time …

It’s called Gianfranco Ferré. Design Principles the exhibition organized at the Italian Cultural Institute in Los Angeles from February 8th to May 15th. Dedicated to the famous Milanese fashion designer who died in 2007, it was curated and opened by …

Italo Scanga was a multi-talented artist best known for his sculptural assemblages that included found or everyday objects – seashells, branches, glass bottles, or cast-off musical instruments. Besides sculpture, he also worked in printmaking, ceramics and glass, and taught at …

Word of the Day
Food
Marketplace
In Italian
All Around Italy