Community

From the 1960s to the 1980s, the Italian film industry was booming. Dramas, comedies, no matter the genre, there were so many films coming out of Rome that it was jokingly referred to as Hollywood on the Tiber. Films often …

“It might sound like a bischerata, as we say in Tuscany, but even the paper we wrap the schiacciata in comes from Florence; and imagine, the pecorino cream is still made by my father. I am deeply committed to recreating every detail of …

Firstly in New York for the Bafta and SAG Awards presentations, and then in Los Angeles for the official premiere, Italian actor Maurizio Lombardi is touring the United States to promote “Ripley,” the new Netflix series in which he stars …

On February 29th, Gambero Rosso’s Tre Bicchieri US tour made its final stop in San Francisco, after Chicago, New York City, and Los Angeles, and before April’s Top Italian Wines Roadshow in Dallas and Miami. Fort Mason became the place …

The Umbrian city of Perugia is a joy to explore, with centuries of history and charm in every stone wall and winding alleyway. Who wouldn’t want to spend June and July exploring this vibrant Umbrian capital? On June 15 of this year, …

They were just kids when they and their parents frequented the Isole Eolie Italian Club in Melbourne, Australia. Joe and his brother Carlo, whose mother hailed from Stromboli and their father from Randazzo, Catania, befriended Andrew, whose family had emigrated …

“The soundtrack, much like the short film itself, was created at home. My apartment houses my recording studio, where Sean would drop by for us to work, chat, and enjoy music over discussions and plates of spaghetti.”  Giosuè Greco is …

(Los Angeles, CA – April 12, 2024) Fondazione Italia (https://italianfoundation.org/), a leading Italian Language school both in the classroom and online,®has announced a partnership with Order Sons And Daughters Of Italy In America (OSDIA). OSDIA (http://osdia.org/) announced this partnership in the April issue …

By Staff

Life is full of opportunities, yet not for everyone. Living in countries with wars, poor economic conditions, and a lack of welfare makes it impossible to pursue basic rights. That’s especially true for children. A Chance In Life, once known as …

Held in the luxurious rooms of the Musco Center for the Arts, the Italian Perspective series has established itself as both a beloved tradition at Chapman University in Orange and a key event for celebrating and exploring the wealth of Italian culture. Initiated in …

Word of the Day
Food
Marketplace
In Italian
All Around Italy