Community

“Los Angeles, give me some of you!” writes John Fante in Ask the Dust. “Los Angeles come to me the way I came to you, my feet over your streets, you pretty town I loved you so much, you sad …

By Staff

For one day only, cooking instructor Viola Buitoni, native from Perugia, Umbria, and compatriot chef Andrea Sposini have cooperated together as a cooking team to bring the best of Umbrian traditions at Cookhouse SF, a place uniquely designed for culinary …

By Staff

Durante i giorni dello svolgimento del New Italian Cinema Festival tenutosi a San Francisco dall’11 al 18 di Novembre, L’Italo-Americano ha intervistato il regista italiano Ivan Controneo, il quale ha avuto l’onore, fra tutti i registi presenti, di presenziare la …

By Staff

In Italy, an incredible arts heritage and the ancient handicraft tradition converge into a unique collection of contemporary jewels. Orodautore features over 300 unique pieces designed by worldly renowned artists, architects and designers, and produced by expert goldsmiths. The project …

By Staff

The San Francisco chapter of Boys’ & Girls’ Towns of Italy (BGTI) is a non-profit organization that empowers war refugees, migrants and at-risk youth living on the streets of Italy.  The BGTI held its 50th Annual Fashion Show and Luncheon …

By Staff

Un palco, una chitarra, rumore di posate dal backstage. Peppe Voltarelli non ama le formalità, gli piace che lo spettacolo sia fatto da lui e dal pubblico insieme. Lo abbiamo conosciuto a El Cid di Los Angeles, dove la scorsa …

By Staff

Lo scorso marzo, l’appuntamento del book club dell’IIC con uno dei romanzi di Andrea De Carlo, ‘Treno di Panna’, si è rivelato uno dei più coinvolgenti.   L’esperienza dello scrittore italiano a Los Angeles e il suo modo unico di …

By Staff

Completing this years collaboration with the Getty became a ‘very special’ event reports Paul Romano, Patron President.  On Sunday afternoon, Nov. 4, two dozen members of the PIC had the special privilege of not only experiencing the Getty Villa’s monumental …

By Staff

An exciting and original photographic exhibition will be on display for a period of ten days, starting next Friday, December 7, at one of the most innovative art galleries in the heart of North Beach in San Francisco.  The Emerald …

By Staff

The Abruzzese village was everything new to Isabella. In 1967, Marane Palazzo had dirt roads, stables, chickens, and an atmosphere of work, song, and sheep bells.    Solid, earthy people labored in fields and tended flocks; after chores, children donned …

By Staff

Word of the Day
Food
Marketplace
In Italian
All Around Italy